For those of you that follow me on Instagram and/or Snapchat, you’ll know that this is the infamous ranch dressing I’ve been raving about for weeks. I shared the process of making it twice on Snapchat, it’s been on half the meals I’ve posted on Instagram and I’m so addicted that I’ve had to stock up on cashews way more than usual. Totally worth it.
If you’re looking for a vegan alternative to ranch dressing, I highly recommend giving this recipe a taste. I love that it has a zesty kick compared to tradition ranch dressing, making it unique but still completely familiar at the same time. It’s also gluten-free, soy-free, oil-free and contains no refined sugars. It’s 100% natural, and non-GMO depending on the ingredients you choose to use.
This is wonderful on salads, obviously, and perfect for dipping those cauliflower wings into. If you’re anything like me, you’ll be able to find many uses for this dressing. I’m guilty of dipping my pizza into it and adding a drizzle to my tofu scrambles. I love it!
For a spicy variation, I love adding about 2-3 tbsp of hot sauce. You can really modify this recipe for whatever dish you’re pairing it with. Fresh herbs to make it the perfect veggie dip, or even buffalo sauce to top a loaded baked potato – the combinations are endless, let me know if you give it a try!
- 2 cups Raw Cashews, soaked
- 1¼ cups Water*, to blend (adjust as needed)
- 1 large Lemon, juiced (4-5 tbsp)
- 1 medium Lime, juiced (2-3 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp All-Purpose Seasoning Blend (Salt-Free)
- 2 tsps Nutritional Yeast
- 1 heaped tsp Dill, dried
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 cloves Garlic
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Soak ahead your cashews to soften them, at least an hour but overnight is best.
- Measure and blend everything until smooth, adding water as needed to reach your preferred consistency. Season to taste.
- Store in an air-tight container, refrigerate for up to a week.