Sharing two simple ways to incorporate protein powder into recipes. My personal favorite being chia pudding. Something I’ve talked about in the past, it’s totally versatile and a super easy way to get a ton of omega-3 & 6 fatty acids into your diet. Chia seeds are also an amazing superfood that aid in digestion and they’re full of plant-based fiber to keep you fuller for longer. Add in a protein supplement and you’re all set! All that plant-based goodness is sure to keep your belly happy and energy levels high.
I’ve teamed up with Orgain to show you two quick and easy recipes I like to make when I’m wanting an extra boost of vegan protein in my diet. There are a number of ways you can go about it, definitely check out my chocolate banana pops, no-bake protein bites and hemp green smoothie for more inspiration. As well as my Orgain Blueberry Cookie Dough Smoothie Bowl!
Another fun way to use protein powder is in desserts. Baked or raw, I love to take something nutrient dense and add it into an otherwise cheeky dessert. Why not get some sweet with a side of beneficial, right? These Coco Whips are a great example of that. Healthy fats, just the right amount of sweetness and a little drizzle of dark chocolate for good measure. You truly can’t go wrong! These are a filling way to satisfy that sweet tooth. I love to keep a batch of these in my freezer for whenever I’m needing a little mid-afternoon pick-me-up. It’s the best combination of chocolate and vanilla protein. You can’t even taste it mixed in with the coco whip AND you can take it a step further and add a couple of these on top of vegan hot chocolate to make it super creamy!
- Combine 1 cup coco whip with 1 scoop of Orgain protein powder. Repeat for both flavors.
- Combine both in a zip-lock bag and pipe onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Alternatively, you can transfer to a silicon mold to set.
- Let harden in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Melt chocolate chips and drizzle over each bite-sized coco whip.
- Top with crushed nuts and let chill in the freezer until set, about 10 minutes.
- Serve frozen, or let melt on top of vegan hot chocolate.
- 2 cups Coconut Milk or Non-Dairy Milk
- 2 scoops Orgain Vanilla Protein Powder
- ⅓ cup Chia Seeds
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin Purée
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Spice
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pumpkin Seeds, to top
- Coconut Sugar, to top
- Frozen Fruit, to top
- Measure and whisk together all ingredients until smooth. Let sit to chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Serve cold, topped with frozen fruit, coconut sugar and pumpkin seeds.
This post was sponsored by Orgain. All opinions are my own! Sponsors allow me to create free content for you <3