I have FINALLY perfected the most delicious cream sauce, if I do say so myself. It’s honestly so simple – I’m kind of laughing at the fact it look me so long to come up with. But, It’s ready and I couldn’t be more excited to share the completed recipe with you all. I see so many potential recipes using this sauce as the base. So be prepared and make sure you have a jar of this in your fridge (or freezer) at all times! I’ve already made this 3 times!
This savory sauce is the perfect medium between rich and basic. While it’s super simple to make, it’s still rich enough in flavor without making you feel terrible afterwards. No one likes a heavy sauce that only leads to regret. Been there, done that.
This is not a vegan take on alfredo sauce, so I recommend not going into it and thinking that because you might be disappointed. It’s very alfredo sauce-like though. I would describe this as a lighter cream sauce alternative, one that’s totally dairy-free, gluten-free, oil-free and as always – VEGAN!
That’s right, vegans can have some incredible cruetly-free alternatives!
- 1 can Coconut Milk*, refrigerated
- ½ cup Hemp Seeds
- ¼ cup Nutrition Yeast, adjust to your level of "cheesy"
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper, adjust as needed (I used more)
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder, or 1 clove Garlic
- 1 tsp Italian Seasonings
- ¼ tsp Oregano
- 2 drops Liquid Smoke, optional
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Measure and blend everything on a high speed for 20-30 seconds, or until smooth.
- Adjust seasonings as needed, adding salt and pepper to your desired taste.
- Pour over pasta topped with sunflower seed parmesan and enjoy!
This sauce will thicken to a dip consistency when refrigerated overnight, as soon as it hits heat it will melt back into a liquid.
Store extras in a sealed mason jar, will keep for 7-10 days in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer, portioned into an ice cube mold for quick defrost time.