When the craving for something sweet and salty strikes – these are the perfect solution!
You can’t go wrong with fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. I love to make a batch of these when I’m needing something quick to really hit the spot. You can also make a batch and store the dough-balls in the freezer for cookies whenever you’ve got a craving.
- 1 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- ½ cup Gluten-Free Flour
- ½ cup Coconut Flour
- ⅓ cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 Banana, mashed (about ½ cup)
- 3-4 tbsp Non-Dairy Milk, tutorial here
- 3 tbsp Water
- 3 tbsp Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Cinnamon, ground
- ¼ tsp Pink Salt, extra to sprinkle
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Start by mixing together your chia seeds and water, let that rest for 5 minutes to expand.
- Mash up your banana in a small bowl and whisk together with coconut oil, non-dairy milk and apple cider vinegar.
- Measure and mix all the dry ingredients into a large bowl. Pour in your wet ingredients and chia mixture, stir till evenly combined. Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Using a 1 inch scoop, measure out two scoops and roll both together. Press flat on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Repeat till all the dough is used. Sprinkle a small pinch of pink salt on each, optional.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, golden brown on top and cooked through. Let cool for 5 minutes before eating.
- Enjoy warm, with a glass of almond milk.
Smaller cookies (1 inch scoop) bake up in about 10 minutes.