Sometimes you just want a fresh meal that’s colorful. I actually reach for these frequently, I find that colorful meals bring me so much more joy and satisfaction. Why not make your meals bright and happy, right?! It brings you nourishment physically, mentally and spiritually. I hope you all enjoy this combo, give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 3 large Purple Cabbage leafs
- 2 cups Alfalfa Sprouts
- ½ Yellow Bell Pepper, thinly sliced vertically
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, thinly sliced horizontally
- ½ cup Carrots, shredded
- ⅛ cup Green Onions
- Almond Butter Sauce (recipe below) & Hemp Seeds, to top
- Wash and cut all your veggies.
- Carefully pull each purple cabbage leaf, trying not to tear them.
- Assemble each taco by layering sprouts, peppers, carrots, sauce, green onions and then hemp seeds.
- Repeat till you've used everything up.
- Serve chilled, you can even go a step further and wrap these in rice paper.
If you’d like more info on rolling rice paper, you can check out this recipe here that includes a video tutorial.
- 3 tbsp Almond Butter, using raw almonds
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Agave Syrup
- 1-2 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- Red Pepper flakes, to taste
- In a small pot, heat almond butter over medium heat.
- Adding in all the other ingredients and whisking till smooth.
- You can triple up the recipe and make a bulk batch to have on hand, stored in an air tight container in the fridge. It will thicken up as it cools.
- Drizzle over raw tacos, salads or dip fresh salad rolls into it.
Raw vegan meals are a wonderful addition to any diet, I try to incorporate raw meals into my lifestyle when I can, it’s challenging though. I tend to crave cooked foods, but I feel amazing when I do eat raw meals and if you haven’t done so – I highly recommend it. Just starting your morning with a green smoothie or having a salad for lunch really makes a difference long term. You’ll feel more energy and crave less “bad” foods, or reach for them less often, over time.