A little birdie told me that April 16 is National “Day of the Mushroom”. I have no idea what that means, but I do know that I love mushrooms and I don’t share near enough recipes utilizing their deliciousness. Today I’m also branching out with a one-pot recipe, which is a term used for a meal prepared using only one pot/pan. Throwing together a quick and delicious dinner doesn’t have to involve countless dishes and/or lots of time and effort. The beauty of a one-pot meal means easy clean up, so it’s a win-win!
I threw this meal together with a little prep the day before. Adding my Savory Coconut Cream Sauce takes this from yummy to dreamy. I highly recommend giving it a try if you haven’t already. It can be made in as little as 5 minutes. I like to make it the day before so it has time to thicken up even more and the flavors can set overnight, becoming even richer. Feel free to make this sauce and reduce or increase the amount this recipe calls for. More sauce will yield an even creamier pasta, be careful though, it’s quite rich and can become overwhelming if you get too heavy handed. If you’ve added too much, add more vegetable stock to balance out the creaminess. You can also add this sauce after the pasta is tender, to adjust to your desired level of perfection.
Essentially you can take this concept and apply any sauce you so desire. This works beautifully with meatless crumbles in place of mushrooms and tomato sauce in place of coconut cream sauce, for a more traditional “meaty” pasta bowl. Top with a sprinkle of sunflower seed parmesan and you’re good to go! It’s a tasty combo for sure!
I hope you enjoy this dish as a fun spin on pasta night. I don’t think I can go a week without some form of pasta for dinner, it’s affordable comfort food. Let me know if you give this recipe a try. I would love to know your thoughts! As well as if you decide to adapt the recipe and try a different version than the one I mentioned above. Be sure to tag me on Instagram @PlantPhilosophy so I can see your recreations!
- 1 pound Simple Truth GF Pasta
- 1 cup Coconut Cream Sauce
- 3 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 pound Mushrooms, medium sliced
- ½ tbsp Red Pepper Flakes, optional
- 1 tsp Italian Herbs or Spice Blend
- ¼ tsp Red Pepper Flakes, optional
- 2-3 cloves Garlic, minced
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Fresh Parsley, to garnish
- Slice your mushrooms into uniform pieces.
- Bring a large (2 Quart capacity recommended) Dutch oven or non-stick pot to medium heat.
- Add in mushrooms and garlic. Cook down until mushrooms have reduced in size by half, about 10 minutes.
- Combine all remaining ingredients into your Dutch oven or soup pot. You can wait to add the coconut cream sauce until the end, it's optional.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium once the sauce starts to bubble rapidly.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the pasta is tender. Stir constantly with tongs so the pasta doesn’t stick. Each pasta cooks differently, taste a piece to avoid overcooking.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately, topped with chopped parsley (optional).
This recipe was sponsored by Simple Truth and is free from 101 artificial preservatives and additives most commonly used. Available exclusively at the Kroger® Co. Family of Stores.