By the title you might be like, wait, what? and that makes total sense if you’re not on the craze that is “powdered peanut butter”. I’ve mentioned it a few times in past recipes and on my Instagram page. It’s basically exactly what it sounds like, a dried version of peanut butter – that’s also much lower in fat but still tastes like peanut butter. Which it should, it’s peanuts just pulverized into this magical powder. It’s pretty great in overnight oats and banana smoothies.
So while I love dipping my spring rolls in peanut sauce, it quickly becomes a guilty experience. I dip A LOT. I wanted a version that still tasted the same but didn’t make me regret my love for double dipping like a manic. Alas, I subbed in powdered peanut butter and the sauce still comes out beautifully. So it’s much less shameful to indulge in and hey, it’s a lot cheaper too.
I’ve linked the ingredients below in the recipe, if you want to receive $10 off ordering through Vitacost – here’s a referral link! Yes, I receive a $10 off credit when you purchase. Thank you for helping me afford more ingredients to create more recipes <3
- Over medium heat, measure your water into a small pot and heat till almost boiling.
- Add in your powdered peanut butter and whisk it like crazy to remove any lumps.
- Raise the heat to medium high and add in all the remaining ingredients. Whisking throughly.
- Once the sauce comes to a boil, turn the heat off and whisk it really well.
- Remove it from the residual heat and let it cool to room temperature before refrigerating.