Oh baby! Have you noticed a theme with my posts lately?… SWEETS! If you haven’t guessed it, I have quite the sweet tooth – I actually have a whole mouth full of them!
These fun pops are seriously good, like “I can eat the whole batch with no shame” kinda good haha. I use to love eating the classic vanilla ice cream w/ chocolate shell pops and I’m here to let you know that these are just as good, if not a million times better! There’s something just perfect about frozen bananas that slightly come to a room temperature. It’s sweet, it’s creamy and I wouldn’t ever go back to regular ice cream after eating these – but that’s just my opinion. Okay I’m rambling now, let’s get to the recipe! Then go make some!
- 3 Bananas, halved & frozen
- ⅓ cup Coconut Oil
- ⅓ cup Cacao Powder
- 3 tbsp Organic Maple Syrup
- Superfoods to top
- Peel and cut your bananas in half. Carefully add a stick and freeze on parchment for a few hours or overnight.
- In a small mug or bowl, melt your coconut oil and mix in the cacao powder till fully combined. Mix in your maple syrup or sweetener of choice (optional).
- The next step takes some quick hands, you want to dip and coat each banana pop as quickly and evenly as possibly - while coating them before the mixture hardens into a shell. So setting out your toppings ahead of time is vital for them to stick properly. Cover with your favorite superfoods, you can go crazy with combos!
These are always amazing with an almond butter drizzle or cashew cream coating.