Are you tired of hearing about pumpkin and pumpkin spice yet?!… I’M NOT!
Sorry, I get REALLY excited this time of year. I mean, it’s gorgeous outside, Fall is here and all I want to do is sip pumpkin spice lattes and cuddle with my kitty boys while binge watching shows on Netflix. That’s all I really want in life, lets be honest (I’m a simple girl). So if you’re not totally sick of me talking about pumpkin, fantastic! I have like 10 more recipes using it, soon to come.
The first time I made these, I ate the entire batch… by myself… in one sitting. No shame. They taste like doughnut holes, I swear! If you pulse the oats till completely smooth, they aren’t gritty tasting. Instead they’re light, airy almost and so incredibly divine!
I recommend holding off and letting these rest overnight. That way the flavor can really marinate and taste even more amazing the next morning. So these would be a perfect option for those of you prepping ahead meals for work or children. You can eat these for breakfast and it’s like spoon-free oatmeal!
Hope you all enjoy this one! If you decide to give it a go or you make some modifications, I would love to see a photo! Tag/hashtag me @PlantStrongVegan on Instagram or @PlantStrongVeg on Twitter <3
Also, if you need to get some of these ingredients or have any question as to what I used specifically – I linked each ingredient for exactly what I used in this.
I highly recommend ordering from Vitacost if you’re missing anything and if you use this link you can save $10, after signing up, towards a $30 order (which also helps me out because I get to save $10 too!)
- 1 cup Oat Flour, rolled oats pulsed till smooth
- ½ cup Pumpkin Purée, homemade (tutorial here)
- ¼ cup Coconut Palm Sugar
- 2 tbsp Protein Powder, optional (I like this and this kind best)
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, clove, all spice mixture)
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Bean Powder, can sub for 1 tsp extract
- Ground Cinnamon, to coat
- Desiccated Coconut, to coat
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, pulse oats till a fine powder is made.
- Pour your oat flour into a medium bowl, mix together with the dry ingredients (protein powder, vanilla bean powder & spices).
- Fold in your wet ingredients, use your hands if needed to combine evenly.
- The “batter” should be firm, with just enough moisture for something to adhere to the outside.
- Evenly break into bite-sized pieces, about a 1 inch scoop worth.
- Roll till smooth, coating in shredded coconut and cinnamon as desired.
Keep these stored in an airtight container, in the fridge for up to a week. Freeze extras if you make a bulk batch.