So today I thought I’d share this simple combo of plant strong goodness, a little prep time and patience is all you need for this recipe to come together flawlessly. A empty belly too, you don’t want to spoil your appetite before downing this. It’s so incredibly filling!
Let me know what your favorite soup is! I would love to experiment more in the kitchen with soup combos. So expect many more to come this Fall/Winter!
- 4 cups Garbanzo Beans, cooked
- 3 cups Red Lentils, dried
- 2 cups Green Split Peas, dried
- 10 cups Vegetable Stock, or Water
- 4 Carrots, ¼ inch rounds
- 3 Celery stalks, diced
- 3 Tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup Onion, diced
- 2-3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Flax seeds, ground
- Pink Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp Basil, dried
- ½ tbsp Chili Flakes
- ½ tsp Cumin
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Wash and prep all your veggies by cutting to size.
- Heat a large pot (6-8 quart capacity recommended) to medium heat.
- Add in your oil, garlic and onion. Let those brown for 1-2 minutes, stir to avoid burning.
- Slowly add in all your veggies, lentils and beans, then top it off with vegetable stock (or water).
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover with a lid and cook for 45 minutes to an hour, or until everything is tender. Stirring every 15 minutes or so.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh cilantro, tomato slices and cracked black pepper, to your desired taste.
You can use any combo of veggies, beans and/or grains that you’d like. That’s the beauty of soup!
Let me know what you think of this recipe, I’d love to share more of my favorite soup recipes with you all! In fact, I have a Spicy Black Bean Soup + Zesty Cashew Sour Cream post coming very soon.