Are you ready for breakfast?! Orange Cinnamon Quinoa Porridge, garnished with orange zest, dried cherries, nutmeg and served in a hollowed out orange. I promise breakfast never tasted this good before!
All the flavor from the vanilla almond milk, fresh nutmeg and orange zest marry together when simmered with the quinoa. It’s truly Fall in a bowl!
I was inspired to create this dish by Nom Yourself’s Cinnamon Grapefruit Oatmeal, so this is my own twist on it, hope you enjoy.
- 1 cup Quinoa, dried
- 2 cups Almond Milk
- 3 tbsp. Coconut Palm Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Orange Juice
- 1 tsp. Orange Zest
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ½ - 1 tsp. Cinnamon, ground
- ¼ tsp. Nutmeg, ground
- Dried Cherries, to top
- Crushed Walnuts, to top
- Combine quinoa and almond milk over a medium heat, stirring in seasonings
- Let it come to a light boil and up the heat to medium high heat till the boil becomes aggressive.
- Let it bubble for a minute, then drop the heat to simmer for about 20 minutes or until tender. Adding in your orange juice and zest.
- Serve hot with fresh orange zest, nutmeg and dried cherries to top.
If you’re on Instagram and happen to snap a photo of a recipe of mine recreated, I would love to see it and feature my favorites 😀 So use the hashtag #PlanstStrongVegan and tag me @PlantStrongVegan <3