I kind of love potatoes. Sweet, Red, Yellow – they’re all amazing and I could eat them daily. But I got really sick of using oil each time I cooked and/or baked them. So I stopped! My mom bought me this pan (pictured below) for Christmas and it’s truly perfection. My potatoes cook twice as fast, are crispier and totally oil-free! Now I’m not saying oil is bad, in moderation – but when you add a little here and there it really starts to add up. So I’m doing what I can to cut the unnecessary fats. Plus these actually taste way better in my opinion. But if you can’t get ahold of this pan or one similar, parchment or a Silpat works just as great when baking without oil.
Oil-Free Garlic Herb Potato Wedges
Yield 2 servings
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F
- Peel and dice your potatoes into wedges. I used a small potato and each one made 4 total wedges.
- In a medium bowl, places your wedges inside and cover with cold water and a pinch of salt. This will help remove the excess starch and crisp up the wedges better in the oven. Soak for about 5-10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse your wedges and lay out on a clean dish towel to dry. Throw back into your bowl and toss with your seasoning mixture.
- Layout wedges on a baking sheet covered in parchment, a silpat baking sheet or on a fancy fry pan (I bought mine from CHEFS Catalog).
- Place your wedges into the oven and bake for 30-45 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Time varies with size and baking pan used.
- Serve hot with your favorite dip of choice. I love a creamy ranch or spicy ketchup.
Courses Side, Appetizer