I loved Halloween as a kid. I remember dressing up and walking around my neighborhood trick-or-treating, eating more candy than ever and trading the “nasty” candy with friends at school the next day. As I grew older, I’d invite friends over to watch my favorite Halloween movies (Nightmare Before Christmas, was always watched!).
Now, I do nothing. But who says I can’t get festive at home?! My cats can silently judge me while I eat these, that’s fine with me haha.
Whether you’re throwing a party, bringing a dish to a get-together or rocking it solo at home in your pjs (guilty) – have some fun and give these a try this Halloween! 😀
- Kicked-Up Guacamole, recipe here
- 3 Organic Orange Bell Peppers
- Make a batch of guacamole, you can use any recipe you'd like - here's a link to my version.
- Wash your peppers and using a sharp knife with a small pointed edge, start to map out where you want the face to go and how you'd like it to look.
- I recommend making sure your pepper can actually sit up without falling first, then turning it till you find a side you like best. If it falls over when trying to make it stand - just level the bottom with a serrated knife.
- Make two triangles for the eyes and a half crescent shape for the base of the mouth. You can do cutouts for a tooth or complete it with a straight horizontal line for a normal smile. Do whatever you'd like, get creative!
- Once all the faces are cutout, gently remove the top of the peppers (making sure not to cut the face).
- Grab the center and twist up to remove the seeds, run it under water to remove any strays.
- Let those dry off and then grab your guacamole to start stuffing.
- I'd say each pepper can hold about 1 large avocados worth of guac. So be sure to make a little extra just in case.
- Fill each pepper, pressing lighting against the side where the face cutout is so a little can peak through.
- Place the tops back on and serve immediately.