If you’re looking for a quick and easy appetizer for your next family get-together, then look no further! This cashew cheese ball takes minutes to make and requires less than 10 ingredients total – I know. It’s kind of amazing.
I recently made this for my mom’s annual Christmas party/jewelry show and everyone seemed to really enjoy. They had no idea it was vegan! It pairs perfectly with sweet and savory. I put it on a platter with brown rice seaweed crackers and black mission figs. Seriously, so delicious. I cannot wait to make this again!
The combinations are endless for the outside coating. You could try dried cherries + pecans or dried apples + walnuts. I think this would be incredible served with my cranberry chia jam too.
If you happen to give it a try, snap a photo and send it to me. I LOVE seeing all of your recreations, it seriously makes my day!
- Prep ahead by soaking your raw cashews in water, overnight is best but 2-4 hours is sufficient enough.
- Measure and add everything into a food processor (minus the cranberries & pistachios), pulsing until smooth. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Scoop mixture into the center of plastic wrap and twist to form a ball. Chill for 1-2 hours. You can divide the cashew cheese into two for smaller portions.
- Remove from the fridge and roll in a mixture of dried cranberries and crushed pistachios, until completely covered.
- Cover again with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve.