The perfect addition to any dessert! This coconut whipped cream can be infused with any flavor you desire and/or color (beet juice for pink, too cute for Valentines day).
Traditionally you use coconut milk that’s full fat without guar gum in it. I’ve had good results with that when I can actually find a coconut milk brand that doesn’t add guar gum. Otherwise the milk doesn’t set up correctly and the fat won’t harden when you refrigerate it overnight. So I started using this coconut cream from Trader Joes. The whole can firms up and it whips perfectly, every single time.
I know not everyone has a TJ’s in their area, so remember you can use coconut milk (in a can). I recommend Thai Kitchen, I’ve had the most success using that brand. It will yield about half as much though.
- Prep ahead by placing your coconut cream in the fridge overnight.
- Chill your mixing bowl and beater(s) in the freezer for 10 minutes, before whipping.
- Remove from the freezer and add in your coconut cream. If you’re using a different brand make sure it’s full fat and only add in the solid pieces. That’s why I use the Trader Joes brand for this, the whole can firms up and it works the best.
- Whip coconut cream until smooth, stop to scrape the sides down and add in everything else. Continue whipping till evenly combined and stiff peaks are formed.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate.
- This will keep about for 7 days.
Perfect to pair with dark chocolate dipped strawberries!