I enlisted in the help of my Facebook followers to vote for my next post, it seems as though everyone is just as wing-crazed as I am. I’m not complaining. I joked about creating a vegan wing cookbook but now the idea has grown in my brain beyond what I expected. You can truly do SO MUCH with vegetables! I have so many ideas for unique flavor combinations, sauces, dips and more. Maybe this idea isn’t so crazy after all…
Today I’m sharing a super simple recipe that uses the bbq sauce I shared last week. This combination of textures and flavors is unreal. Blowing away the toughest of critics I know. You honestly can’t go wrong with wings, they’re easy to make and require very little ingredients. 5 to be exact – yes 5 ingredients and that’s it! Feel free to use your favorite bbq sauce recipe or brand. As always, let me know what you think of these and I hope you enjoy!
- Wash and cut your cauliflower into bite-sized florets.
- Measure and whisk together your flour, water and seasonings to taste. You want a pancake-like batter consistency.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick baking liner.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Dip each floret into the batter using a fork, tap off the excess and place it on your baking sheet. Repeat until everything is used up.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. flipping halfway through (on the center rack).
- Remove from the oven once crispy, transfer half to a large bowl and cover with bbq sauce. Toss until everything is evenly coated, repeat for all wings and transfer back to your baking sheet. Bake at 450 degrees F for 15 more minutes, or until crispy again.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a minute before serving.
- Serve warm, dipped in extra BBQ sauce or homemade ranch dip.